Our invitation to you: Work with us!
If you answer “Yes” to any of these questions, we would like to hear from you.
1. Are you looking to pick up some consulting or contracting project work based on your expertise?
2. Are you interested in becoming one of our trainers?
3. Do you already have some clients or projects but want to fill in the gaps?
4. Are you interested in getting started as a professional contractor or consultant?
Then here is how we can work together:
We’re constantly out networking and looking for new business. Over the past years we’ve built a network of hundreds of Business Developers, Sales, Marketing and Product Management professionals, and we keep in contact with them regularly. Oftentimes we’ll have someone call us who needs consulting or contracting help but we are already fully booked. Or, we’ll have clients who need a specific skill set or area of expertise that isn’t a good match for us. When this happens we place subcontractors to do the work. As a subcontractor with the Axentys we introduce you to the client to see if there is a fit, set up the contract, do all of the invoicing, send payments to you once we have been paid, get involved and oversee the project if necessary, and generally make sure that the client is happy with the work performed. As a finder’s fee and payment for doing all of this we charge the client a percentage over and above the fee that you are getting.
As an Axentys subcontractor we ask you:
- Don’t solicit the client for business for at least one year after the initial introduction.
- Don’t discuss your fees or rates with the client.
Our goal is to keep you consistently busy working for great clients while we do the work looking for new business. That way you can focus on doing what you love doing instead of investing time on business development and finding our own clients.
What we’re looking for:
When we choose our subcontractors we focus first and foremost on quality, not quantity. Our goal is to build long-term relationships with a handful of the best people in the business that are committed to consulting and contracting as a way to make a living. We aren’t interested in job hoppers or people who have declared themselves consultants because they can’t find any other work.
Rather than building a huge database full of thousands of consultants and contractors and contacting them occasionally when a potential contract comes up, our focus is on building a small number of relationships with people that we can keep busy with constant work.
To do subcontracting work for us you must:
- Be an independent contractor (have your own equipment, place to work, multiple clients, etc.)
- Be set up as a valid, legitimate business (Have a business license, pay quarterly taxes, etc.
- Have a list of satisfied clients you have worked with in the past, (though we may consider a few select people who are new to the business.)
- Be committed to seeing projects through and understand that if you cancel a contract you may incur a liability.
- Understand and be comfortable with the fact that this is a subcontracting relationship – you won’t be an employee of Axentys, and won’t receive benefits, a regular paycheck or any of the other things that an employer would provide.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria and are interested in doing subcontracting work for us, please provide us with full details about yourself by filling out the form below and answering ALL of the questions. After we receive your information we’ll review it and then contact you. If we have subcontracting work available for you and it looks like you would be a good addition to our team, the next steps are:
- Find a client and assignment that fit with the information you provided in the form.
- Have you sign a simple subcontracting agreement.
- Check your references.
- Get a copy of your business license and tax id info